Episode04
I am exhausted. My new exercise class is so hard.
我太累了。我那新的健身班太难了。
Your new exercise class?
你的新健身班?
Yeah. My new advanced exercise class.
对,新的高级健身班。
Why advanced?
为什么是高级的?
My instructor thought that
老师认为
the beginner's class was too easy for me.
初级课程对我来说太容易了。
Too easy for you?
对你太容易了?
Don't laugh. In the beginner's class,
别笑。在初级课程中,
they give you a chance to rest between exercises.
你有机会休息。
So?
那又怎么样?
The advanced class is nonstop.
高级课程里是没有休息的。
I lift weights every morning for sixty minutes
每天早晨我举重六十分钟,
without stopping.
中间还不是没有休息。
No problem.
小事一桩。
Listen, Richard,
听着,Richard,
doing aerobics for an hour is a lot different than lifting weights.
一小时的有氧运动可与举重大不相同。
Yeah. Quite a bit different.
是啊,相当不一样。
I think aerobics is easy.
我觉得有氧运动很容易。
I could work out in your class with no problem.
如果我去你的班上做运动,一定不会觉得有问题。
You think so?
你这样认为?
Oh, without a doubt.
啊,毫无问题。
When's the next class?
下一次上课什么时候?
Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock. Try it.
明早上午十点。来试一试吧。
Tomorrow morning after lifting weights,
明早举完重,
I'll try aerobics.
我去试试有氧运动。
It's a nap. Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock.
简单得很。明早十点。
Aren't you going to the aerobics class this morning?
今天上午你不是去上有氧运动课吗?
Of Course. Easy. No sweat.
当然,小事情。绝无问题。
You are not going to be able to move
你会动都动不了的,
after this and the aerobics class.
在你做完这个,又去上有氧 运动课之后。
Are you kidding me?
你在取笑我?
It's going to be a piece of cake.
这种事不费吹灰之力。
You want to bet?
想打赌吗?
Yeah. What's the bet?
好啊,赌什么?
I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning
我打赌我今天上午到你的健身班运动一小时之后,
and not feel a thing!
丝毫不累。
The bet is -- I win, and you cook dinner for the entire family.
这样赌好了——要是我赢了,全家晚餐你来煮。
Or you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.
要是你赢了,我替全家做晚餐。
It's a bet.
一言为定。
Ok. Call my instructor, Jack Davis, right now.
好,给我的老师Jack Davis打个电话,现在就打。
His number is 555-8842.
他的电话是555-8842 ,
The advanced class starts at ten o'clock.
高级健身课十点钟开始。
Well, it's eight twenty now.
现在是八点二十了。
It only takes eight minutes by bicycle to the aerobics class.
骑自行车去上有氧运动课只需要八分钟。
Give him a call.
打个电话给他。
Davis Aerobics Center for Good Health.
Davis有氧运动健身中心。
Jack Davis, please.
请找Jack Davis。
This is Jack Davis.
我就是Jack Davis。
Hello. This is Richard Stewart.
你好,我是Richard Stewart。
My wife, Marilyn Stewart, is a member of your program.
我太太Marily Stewart是你的学生。
I'd like to come to
我想
the ten o'clock advanced class this morning.
今早十点来上你的高级健身班。
Oh, fine, fine. Be here a few minutes early.
啊,好,好。请早几分钟到这。
You need to complete some forms before the class.
上课之前你得填一些表格。
Thanks. I'm on my way over.
谢谢,我马上就来。
Good-bye.
再见。
Bye-bye. It's all set. I'm going.
再见。都安排好了。我现在就去。
Bye.
再见。
See you later.
待会见。
Good luck.
祝你好运。
Don't forget about the bet.
别忘了打赌的事。
Dinner for the entire family.
给全家做晚餐,
And that includes Susan.
包括Susan的。
Don't you forget.
你自己别忘了。
OK, Richard. That's terrific.
很好,Richard,真不错。
Your pressure is 120 over 75, and that's fine.
你的收缩压是120,舒张压 75。
Now stand up, please.
现在站起来。
Good, it's 122 over 80.
好,收缩压122,舒张压80。
You can sit down now.
现在你可以坐下了。
When was your last complete physical?
上一次全身检查是什么时候?
Six months ago.
六个月以前。
Good. Do you have any back or knee problems?
好。你的背部和膝关节有什么毛病吗?
Nope. I am in perfect health.
没有。我身体好的很。
What do you do for a living, Mr. Stewart?
你是做哪一行的,Stewart先生?
I'm a photographer.
我是摄影师。
Interesting. What do you photograph?
很有意思。你拍些什么样的照片呢?
Everything. The American scene. People, places, events.
什么都拍。美国风光。人物、地方、事件。
Did you ever think of photographing an aerobics class?
你想过拍摄有氧运动课吗?
No...I can't remember taking pictures of people exercising.
没有,……我好像没有拍过人们练健身操的照片。
But don't you think it'd be a good subject?
你不觉得这是个好题材吗?
Sure.
当然是。
I need some good photos for my advertising, Mr. Stewart.
我做广告需要一些好照片,Stewart先生。
Maybe you can photogragh a class,
也许你来拍一次上课的情形,
and I can give you and Mrs. Stewart
我让你和你太太
a month of classes?free.
免费上一个月的课。
When can I photograph a class?
我何时才来拍上课呢?
Anytime.
什么时候都行。
How about today?
今天怎么样?
Terrific!
太好了!
Hi.
嗨。
Oh, hi.
噢,嗨。
Are we ready to go?
我们可以开始了吗?
Yeah. Yeah. Let's get in our lines.
是啊,是啊。请排好位置。
We're going to take it slow first.
开头我们要做慢一点。
Stretch up...and we're going to go left first ...
伸展……先向左……
2,3,4 ... now switch. ...
2,3,4……现在,左右交替……
OK, hold to the right.
好,在右边停住。
Sunrises. Stretch it out. Flat back.
双手捧日。尽量伸展。平背拉回。
Bring it up ... and twists ... and side ... 2, 3 ...
身体打直……扭摆……侧身……2,3 ……
and left ... push ... push ... turn ... hit the floor.
向左……推……推……转身……坐地板。
Take it side again .... OK, and switch. Stretch it out.
再侧身……好,左右交替。尽量伸展。
And we're going to warm down with a tango.
我们用探戈舞步来舒缓,
Left, right. Enjoy it.
左,右。放松。
Richard, did you go to the Davis Aerobics class today?
Richard,你去上Davis有氧运动健身课了吗?
Yes, I went to the aerobics class today.
去了啦,我上了有氧运动课了。
What is wrong with you?
你怎么啦?
Nothing. I am in excellent health.
没什么。我身体好的很。
I have ideal blood pressure. A perfect heart.
我血压正常得很,心脏也很好。
In other words, I'm in wonderful condition.
总之,我身体非常好。
Richard, did you go to the aerobics class, really?
Richard,你真的上了有氧运动课吗?
And don't forget to invite Susan for dinner.
别忘了请Susan来吃晚餐。
And your legs don't hurt?
你的腿不酸不痛?
Hurt? What do you mean?
酸痛?什么意思?
What about your arms? Lift your arms up like this.
你胳膊怎么样?手抬起来,像这样。
And they don't hurt?not even a little?
不会酸痛?一点也不会?
Nope.
不会。
You are in great condition. I can't believe it!
你的身体太好啦。我简直不敢相信。
Grandpa, Ellen, Philip, Robbie, you and me.
爷爷、Ellen、Philip、Robbie、你和我。
That's six steaks.
六份牛排。
Don't forget Susan.
别忘了Susan。
Seven steaks.
七份牛排。
Cooking dinner for the entire family is not so easy.
给全家人做晚餐真不是件容易的事。
The shopping: the salad:
采买项目:沙拉:
tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and onions.
蕃茄、莴苣、黄瓜、洋葱。
The main course: steak and potatoes.
主菜:牛排和马铃薯。
Richard, how much broccoli do I need for seven people?
Richard,七个人吃需要多少花椰菜?
Marilyn, I have to tell you something.
Marilyn,我得告诉你,
At today's exercise class...
今天上健身课的时候……
Yes, Richard.
说吧,Richard。
Well, I didn't really exercise.
嗯,我没有真的上健身课。
I knew it!
我就知道!
I wanted to, but Jack Davis needed a photographer.
我真的想参加上课,但Jack Davis要我拍照。
I'm sorry, Marilyn.
对不起,Marilyn。
I don't understand. Did you exercise or not?
我搞不懂,你到底作了健身操没有?
No. Instead of exercising, I photographed the class.
没有,没有,我在给他们拍照。
And you didn't exercise?
你没有参加健身操?
No.
没有。
There's another advanced class today at four o'clock.
今天下午四点钟还有一次高级班,
We'll go together.
我们一起去。
What about the bet?
那打赌的事呢?
Oh, the bet is still on, but you shop for the groceries.
打赌人仍然有效,但你去买菜。
Remember, you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.
记得吗,你要是赢了,我给全家做晚餐。
You win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.
你赢了,我给全家做晚餐。
Including Susan.
包括Susan的。
Four o'clock at the advanced exercise class. With me.
四点钟去高级健身课,跟我一起。
Don't forget to breathe.
别忘了呼吸。
Skip, hop, front.
跳,蹦,向前,
Twist... again.... OK, now... scissors.
扭摆……再来……好现在……张腿合腿。
This is fun. It's a piece of cake.
有意思,毫不费力。
Yeah. Just wait.
是啊,等着瞧吧。
5, 6, 7, go right, 1, 2, back,
5,6,7,向右,1,2,后退,
2, 3 , 1, 2, 3, pony, pony...
2,3,1,2,3,小马步,小马步,……
1, 2, 3, kick... 1, 2, 3, kick... pony.
1,2,3,踢,……1,2,3踢……小马步,
And twist, twist.
扭摆,扭摆。
OK. Let's pick up the pace.
好,把节奏加快一些。
How are you doing, Richard?
现在怎么样,Richard?
I can barely move.
我简直动不了啦。
2, 3, 4, front. Now we're going to run it off.
2,3,4,前踢。现在,我们来快跑。
Front... knees up, knees up.
前踢,膝盖抬高。
OK. Finish off by jogging in place.
好,结束之前在原地慢跑。
OK. Keep those knees up.
好,膝盖抬高。
All right. That's it for today.
行了。今天就做这些。
Thank you, everyone. See you next week.
谢谢大家。下星期见。
Thank you, Jack, but no thank you.
谢谢你,Jack,但不谢你。
The advanced exercise class is not so easy, huh?
高级健身班不是那么容易吧,对不对?
No, no, you were right. I was wrong.
确实不容易,你说对了。我错了。
Come on, Richard. Get up. Let's go.
好啦,Richard。起来。走吧。
You have to cook dinner for the entire family.
你今晚得替全家做晚餐呢。
Marilyn, I'm exhausted. I can't move.
Marilyn,我太累了。简直动不了。
Oh, you'll do it. It's a piece of cake.
噢,你办得到的。这不费吹灰之力。
Excuse me, Richard, Marilyn.
打扰一下,Richard,Marilyn。
You are a terrific instructor, Jack.
你真是个了不起的教练,Jack。
Thanks. But I have a question.
谢谢。但我想问一下,
Is this your very first advanced aerobics class?
这是你第一次上有氧运动高级班吗?
Yes, it is.
是的。
You are in great shape, Richard.
你的身体状况好极了,Richard。
Very few people last in this class
很少人能够
for the full hour the very first time.
第一次撑完一个小时的课。
It's true. You are in great shape.
这是真的。你的身体很好。
Thanks!
谢谢。
I think we'll cook dinner together.
我想,我们一起做晚餐了。